Are you missing your daily walks due to those last-minute meeting in the office? Have you gained a few extra pounds as you are entertaining guests at home or while you are busy attending late night parties? Is it too difficult to fit in gym timings in your busy schedule?
Exercising daily is one of the most effective stress relievers in today’s hectic life. People are flocking in the fitness centers in various localities to resume a healthy lifestyle which otherwise can lead to a shorter life span if not attended to. Have you considered buying a treadmill for Home use then? Brisk walking, running or jogging, walking on an elevated platform with different levels of difficulty – a treadmill is equipped to offer its user with all these and more. You may wonder “what is the significance of having a treadmill at home?” Well, one of the answers can be – it is suitable for all ages and encourages the user to adhere to a daily exercising schedule and pave his/her way towards a health and fitness.
What to look for before buying the Best Treadmills?
Some of the best-in-class features available in the top-rated treadmills include:
- A well-known brand.
- Machine type preference – Manual or automatic
- The width of the running area of the machine
- Inclination type – Manual or automatic
- Additional installations like tracking the heartbeat, calories burnt, etc.
- Availability of any pre-installed packages
- Speed limit
- Machine maintenance and lubrication
- Product warranty
- The Length and breadth (width) of the best of the machine.
- Display specifications, etc.
Top 5 Benefits of Using Treadmill at Home
Daily workouts to balance stress and a healthy lifestyle must be adopted by one and all. People are resorting to unhealthy food habits, sleep deprivation, an unhealthy lifestyle in the wake of social bewilderment, etc. A treadmill at home is significant and paves the way towards the maintenance of daily walking or jogging sessions without having to worry about packing your gym bags and working out within a limited time frame. Let us look at 5 most interesting benefits of using a treadmill at home:
- User Friendly: Majority of newly developed and engineered treadmills are easy-to-use. They can be operated by men and women of all ages. Speed control mechanism, manual or auto inclination features, display control, etc. are easily employable as well exploitable by a quick learning session. Adults as well as children can use it to burn calories, improve stamina, or just to adapt an active lifestyle.
- Progress Tracker: Reaching a goal cannot be achieved until tracked on a timely basis and working towards it. The same principle applies to the weight loss regimen. A treadmill is meant for not only a machine that aids in losing weight but also to help track and manage the same.
- Pre-arranged Workout Plans: A detailed and well-structured workout plan is quite obvious in treadmills available today. This can be one of the most significant asks a buyer can have while opting for a treadmill for home use.
- Workout Multitasking Options:Using a treadmill at home gives the user with an opportunity to attempt other tasks simultaneously. This may include reading texts on a screen, watching television, etc.
- Health Benefits:Daily exercise has several health benefits. Various researches have proven the benefits of daily running or walking in men and women alike. The most significant benefits include an improvement in heart health as well as muscle tone.
Types of Treadmills
What is the difference between Electric Treadmills vs. Manual Treadmills?
Treadmill buyers may have come across a cross-road while deciding on the type of treadmill they would like to settle with. One of the main comparisons one must take into consideration as he or she is making a buyer’s decision on this subject is to first determine which treadmill is beneficial for them?
Manual Treadmills: A manual treadmill operates using the action of the runner’s feet against the deck belt. These treadmills have several features but also are attached with various flaws.
Advantages of Manual Treadmills:
- Cost-effective options than their electrical counterparts.
- Easy to relocate.
Disadvantages of Manual Treadmills:
- Adds extra pressure on knee joints, for the runner has to use up more energy trying to get the deck belt moving.
- Medically not a suitable option for running or jogging for long durations.
Electric Treadmills: Electric Treadmills, on the other hand, have a control system to operate the machine.
Advantages of Electrical or Motorized Treadmills:
- Doesn’t put any strain on the runner.
- Speed and incline adjustment feature available.
- Offers the runner with a myriad of running options. These can include options like 10K, half-marathon or full-marathon.
- Suited for training sessions that last long.
Disadvantages of Electrical or Motorized Treadmills:
- Expensive than a manual treadmill
- Cannot work without electricity.
This article is an attempt to help the reader identify some of the best treadmill options in India for Home Use 2019.
Best Treadmill in India
1. Powermax Fitness TDM – 100S Motorized Treadmill
Why Powermax Fitness TDM?
- Considered to be one of the most famous treadmills available in the Indian marketplace, Powermax Fitness TDM offers the runner with a 1.5 HP (Horse Power) DC motor for an uninterrupted workout session.
- Installed with safety locks to protect toddlers from any uncalled-for situation.
- A fully operational control panel and a 5.5 inches display.
- Comes with a Lifetime warranty.
- Priced at INR 37, 790/- in Amazon.
- Cannot hold up a weight of more than 100 kg.
Best Treadmill Brands in India
2. REACH Brand
Why REACH Brand?
- Installed with user-friendly specifications and is also priced at a considerably lower price than its contemporaries.
- Models like REACH T-700 treadmill enables the runner to experience a smooth walk or jog session as installed with a motor system with 3 HP continuous, and 6 HP Peak DC motor.
- Can hold a weight of up to 120 kgs.
- Is usually compatible with USB & ASX device.
- Comes with a 1-year motor warranty, and 3-years warranty on accessories.
- Priced at INR 59,774/- in Amazon.
- It doesn’t offer the user with an LCD touch screen and cooling fan.
2. FITKIT Brand
Why FITKIT Brand??
- Fitkit is also observed as a trustworthy brand in designing treadmills and other exercise equipment.
- To enhance the user experience this company also offers the customer with a free installation and service PAN India upon request.
- It impresses upon the user with a 3-year warranty on the machine’s frame, plus a 1-year motor warranty as well as 1-year warranty on parts and any manufacturing defects.
- Offers the user with a unique and expansive LCD display that readily provides information about the distance covered, burnt calories, heart rate, MP3 functions, and much more.
- It is priced at INR 28,999/- in Amazon.
- The speaker quality may be compromised.
3. Healthgenie Brand
Why Healthgenie Brand?
- The apparatus available in the Healthgenie brand is a user-friendly design and can be assembled from scratch by the user with the help of the simple instructions provided in the user manual.
- Offers the runner or user with features like 2HP continuous DC motor, can be increased up to a maximum speed of 14kmph.
- One such machine is the Healthgenie 6 in 1 Motorized Treadmill 4112M 2HP (4HP at Peak) with Massager, Sit-ups, Tummy Twister, Dumbbells, Resistant Tubes for Home Use & Fitness Enthusiast, Max Speed 14 Kmph.
- Available at a discounted price of INR 28,000/- in Amazon.
- The width of the machine belt is has received some flak from users (the concern being the width requirement for users who are tall-framed)
Besides the above listed brands and machine types, there is a plethora of devices and equipment within this space that have carved a niche as “Best Treadmill Brands in India 2019”. These include brands like –
4. Afton Fitness AT96
- Covers a speed range between 5-12 kmph and is installed with a 3HP continuous DC motor.
- Has an auto-inclination of up to 15% and can withstand weight up to 130 kg with ease.
- Afton Motorized Treadmill can purchased from Amazon at a price of INR 76,000/-
- Absence of an USB port deprives the user to connect any smart device during his or her workout schedule.
5. Quantico FS
- Offers a maximum speed range of up to 14 kmph with an auto-inclination range of up to 15%.
- Installed with a 2 HP Continuous DC motor (and a 4 HP Peak option). Can hold up against a weight of up to 110 kg.
- No Pause button installed in the machine.
6. Sole Fitness F63
- Users have raised concerns about the lag in up and downtime when the speed is changed.
7. Aerofit Motorized
- Belt thickness is lesser when compared to other machines.
Best Treadmill in India Review
Product review is one of the crucial behaviours observed by Buyers’ across the globe. Before indulging into the buying spree, customers go through various online gyan that includes product specifications, their comparison against other brands in terms of ease-of-use, cost effectiveness, extension of manufacturer’s warranty on the frame and other parts of the apparatus, etc. People also take buying decisions based on their likes and dislikes towards certain additional product features that may include the LCD display, MP3 functionality, speed range, inclination percentage, etc.
What’s a Good Treadmill Size for Your Home?
By and large, every buyer have their own set of pre-requisites whilst deciding on the size of the treadmill. The decision may depend on factors like:
- The width of the Running Surface Area
- The durability and quality of construction of the equipment
- The history of the manufacturing brand that has acquired enough trustworthiness in the market.
8. Best Treadmill in India under 30000
In the wake of competitive pricing structure with outstanding construction and durability quality and extraneous features, FITKIT’s FT100 Series Motorized Treadmill with Manual Inclination (Free Installation Assistance) is available at a discounted price range of INR 27, 999/- in Amazon.
9. Best Treadmill in India Under 20000
In lieu of the above description of the various products offered by different brands, one of the best treadmill available under 20000 is offered by the FITKIT brand.
Amazon’s bestseller – FITKIT FT098 Series Motorized Treadmill with 1.5 HP (2 HP Peak) (and a Free Installation service) is available at a price of INR 17, 990/-.
All in all, there are ample resources and recommendation channels to offer an information seeker or treadmill buyer with the appropriate amount of information before they embark on a treadmill buying and a healthy living journey. What are you waiting for?!!